his is a list of stanzas that can be used in a job file, how can it be used (syntax, arguments) and why using it (what it does, with an example).
This page corresponds to upstart 0.5.1.
See also Stanzas for 0.3.9 <= please make this a link, I can't figure out how
For stanzas without notes, try looking at the 0.3.9 notes.
I have used the icon to show guesses.
This list is believed to be complete.
- First required parameter may be one of the following: as core cpu data fsize memlock msgqueue nice nofile nproc rss rtprio sigpending stack
- Second required parameter may be either integer (?don't know if can be signed?), or the keyword "unlimited".
Possibly similar to ulimit command.
- First required parameter is an integer from -20 to 19 (inclusive)
Believed to set the "nicety" of the daemon when it runs.
High numbers = low priority; low numbers=high priority.
See man nice?
- normal exit
- Used to describe what is a successful resultcode.
Possibly something to do with "out of memory"? Perhaps, when the box runs out of memory, this controls if upstart should kill it and/or when?
- Takes an integer parameter from -17 to 15, or the keyword "never" which is the same as -17.
Don't know if it works without a parameter
- session leader